Sunday, September 27, 2009

Accepting the Challenge: My Flight Attendant RV

Ok, so my FA RV currently consists of three pieces (I do mostly 4 day trips):

1) my desperate stand-in for my roller bag which met
    its untimely demise in DTW last week...
    Notes: Please note the creative use of carabiners
               and bungee cords to keep said bag on ill-
               fitting cart.Classy, huh?
            
               Yes, that is a blanket on top. It's my indul-
                gence item (Brookstone Travel Blanket) so
                I don't have to use my trenchcoat as extra
                covers on overnights! (I hate those cheap
                slippery hotel bedspreads!)




2) my in-flight bag (office-in-a-bag)
    Notes: nothing too odd in here. Laptop, ipod, chargers,  accordian file for paperwork, FA Bible, apron, corkscrew.  (yup, that is an accountable item for us...) Oh! and a Tide pen, sewing kit, extra-thingies to hold wings and namebar on, earplugs. Puffs Plus to go packs (sensitive nose). LIPSTICK. Extra pair of panty hose? collapsible screwdriver to fix airplane!? (heh heh) Post-it-notes and Sharpie.



3) food bag
    "Confessional Contents" worth noting: finger puppets for unprepared pax with small children, colored pencils for loan to older, unplugged children and for long layovers...
way too much Easy Mac and Uncle Ben's rice pouches...Propel packets for gallons of hydration! And tuna. I'm either a cat or a flight attendant...not sure some days...If you feed me, I keep coming back!





No comments: